Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Samsung Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default AT&T Samsung Jack Unboxing and First Impressions

This is an unboxing and first impressions video of the AT&T Samsung Jack, a Windows Mobile Standard 6.1 smartphone that is an upgrade from the Samsung Blackjack II. Ignore the fact that this new phone has the same name as the Blackjack II in Canada - at least, that's what Samsung and AT&T are hoping you'll do. As of June 2009, the Samsung Jack can be bought from AT&T for $99 with a two-year contract.

The Samsung Jack is a 3G GSM phone - it's a quad-band phone, giving you EDGE data and voice anywhere in the world, and for 3G is has 850/1900/2100 frequencies. That's an extra 3G band than most phones have, so AT&T is claiming that you'll have 3G access in 65+ countries around the world. The Jack has a 528 Mhz CPU, 256 MB of RAM, 256 MB of ROM, GPS, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), a QWERTY keyboard, and a microSDHC slot. Samsung has said this phone is upgrade-ready for Windows Mobile 6.5, but no real comittment has been made regarding offering the operating system. Check out the video, and if you have any questions, post 'em and I'll do my best to answer.

Jason Dunn owns and operates Thoughts Media Inc., a company dedicated to creating the best in online communities. He enjoys photography, mobile devices, blogging, digital media content creation/editing, and pretty much all technology. He lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with his lovely wife, and his sometimes obedient dog.

Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review Team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test new gear and give their honest opinions about the experience. It's a volunteer role with some great perks. Interested? Then click here for more information.