Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Twikini: Rocking Twitter On Your Smartphone

http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Twikini/

"Twikini offers a powerful and efficient way to use Twitter on your phone. It conveniently updates your favorite feeds in the background, and leverages the camera, GPS, media, touch screen, keyboard, graphics and storage capabilities of your device. Our goal is to make Twikini the best designed Twitter app for Windows devices in the world."

If you're doing the Twitter thing, you know it's all about having a good software client. Sure, you can use the mobile Twitter Web site, but that gets you only the basics. Twikini brings with it a bunch of great features, including the ability to post your GPS location or coordinates, and the ability to interact with Twitter in all the ways that matter: direct messages, replies, etc. Best of all, Twikini is nice and cheap - only $4.95 USD, and you get another Trinket Software application thrown in, such as the awesome PowerSMS (a really great app). It's realy great to see fresh new developers embracing the Windows Mobile platform and bringing quality applications to the table - nice work Trinket Software!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
ARW
Thinker

I gave this one a try but ended up deleting it. No offline support, weird pagination that made it hard to read some tweets and finally no Activesync pass thru network connectivity.

Finally, when I approached the developer about my issues they did not respond for over a week and then only after a second request. Their response, a very brusque reply to the offline issue and no response to my other questions.

I can however give two thumbs up to PockeTwit. Works as it should and it's free to boot.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
mbranscum
Thinker

De ja vu???

Didn't Ed Hansberry post on this May 23?

Old 06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
De ja vu??? Didn't Ed Hansberry post on this May 23?
Yup, sorry, my mistake.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARW View Post
I gave this one a try but ended up deleting it. No offline support, weird pagination that made it hard to read some tweets and finally no Activesync pass thru network connectivity.
I take it then you don't have a data plan on your phone? I wonder how many people are using a smartphone without a data plan...hmm.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I take it then you don't have a data plan on your phone? I wonder how many people are using a smartphone without a data plan...hmm.
Speaking for myself, I've spent most of my time with Windows Mobile devices without a data plan. Six years now and I just enabled data last month -- till then I survived on Wireless and Activesync.

hmmmm...

Old 06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
ARW
Thinker

I have a data plan, but if my phone is attached to my computer it's much faster to use the pass through Internet connection.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtcom View Post
Speaking for myself, I've spent most of my time with Windows Mobile devices without a data plan.
Interesting. So if you're a developer and you're coding applications, and you can add one new feature per month (for example) do you add a feature for offline/no data-plan usage, or do you add a feature that assumes a data connection? I know there are a lot of very valid reasons why people don't have data plans, but if I was a developer I think I'd have a hard time justifying putting my resources toward those types of scenarios...it's hard to serve both types of people.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Interesting. So if you're a developer and you're coding applications, and you can add one new feature per month (for example) do you add a feature for offline/no data-plan usage, or do you add a feature that assumes a data connection? I know there are a lot of very valid reasons why people don't have data plans, but if I was a developer I think I'd have a hard time justifying putting my resources toward those types of scenarios...it's hard to serve both types of people.
Not sure where you're going here -- All the programs that need to connect to a network I've ever used have worked fine through Activesync and/or Wifi.

In any case, it seems that ARW is mistaken about his claim that Twinkini does not pass through ActiveSync -- I just tried it and it works fine on my Vista, TYTN II

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtcom View Post
Not sure where you're going here -- All the programs that need to connect to a network I've ever used have worked fine through Activesync and/or Wifi. II
ARW's original complaint mentioned offline support, and I started asking about people without data plans. That's where I was going.