Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Mobile 7 To Feature Richer App Integration

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...ne-integration/

"As far as I'm aware, the "connectors" and "Unified Storage" referred to here is a new concept for WM7. Unfortunately the job description doesn't go into any details, but in the context of communications, I'm predicting it's a new framework designed to handle all the communication storage needs on a phone in a single, structured and open-access system...If my prediction is correction, as opposed to the current method where each application has its own proprietary storage model (ex. Outlook Mobile, Facebook application, Twitter applications), this new framework would allow applications to store and retrieve any communications data on the phone in a consistent and managed manner, allowing for far richer integration."

We know that Windows Mobile 7 will be a big step forward from the past, and here's a hint as to what may be in store beyond a new UI and multitouch interface. Ironic what a "simple" job ad can reveal - especially about the potential for Zune intregation. Will all this come to pass? Hard to say for sure, but it's fun to speculate. Read on for more!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Fritzly
Sage

"Unified storage" was also mentioned as a feature for Longhorn.....
I hope WM 7 will not end in the same way.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Twain
Ponderer

"Unified Storage" was also mentioned as being a part of the operating system code named "Cairo". I can't even remember which Windows product that became. Rest assured it never went into production. It would be intriguing if it appeared on Windows Mobile 7.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:22 AM
timlayton
Pupil
Default Windows Mobile 7

At this time there are no official details regarding windows mobile 7. However since this is a major release and it has been a while since the last one, I suspect we will be in store for some serious innovation and fantastic new features and technologies. It should be a lot of fun.. can't wait!