Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Accessories

Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Mobidapter: The SD Adapter for USB Memory Sticks

http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/a.../mobidapter.php

"USB memory pens have become the default way to carry and transfer data, but until now it has been impossible to connect them to mobile phones and PDAs. Elan's Mobidapter enables connection via an SD slot so that you can transfer your files anywhere - without a PC!"

You'd definitely want to be careful not to let the adaptor dangle - the pressure might be too much for the microSD card slot on your phone - but this is a cool solution for those people who need to get information from a USB flash drive onto their phone. I'm not one of those people mind you, nor can I imagine the scenario in which this would be a needed accessory, but hey, maybe you can!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 PM
BevHoward
Intellectual

Interesting...

However, if the thumb drive belongs to the mobile device owner, thinking backwards can make mobile compatible thumb drives feasible.

There are small SD card readers near the size of most thumb drives, and one of those together with a micro SD in an SD to SDMicro (and perhaps an SD Mini as well) adapter covers most bases.

With the micro SD in the reader, you have a normal sized "thumb drive" to use with PC's and back to the Mobile device, just insert the SD into the device to go the other direction.

If you only use micro SD there are usb micro sd readers around that are smaller than a full sized SD card.

This device works if someone else only has a thumb drive, but, if their computer is at hand, problem solved with the card reader.

Beverly Howard

Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

The stuff I normally need to get off the phone is usually on the micro-SD card I'd need to remove to use this thing.