Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Developer

Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Marketplace Registration Opens

http://developer.windowsmobile.com/

"In the latest update to http://developer.windowsmobile.com, developers can now Register to participate in Windows Marketplace for Mobile. This marks another milestone in providing Windows Mobile Developers a clear path to develop, test, certify and distribute their Windows Mobile applications via the Windows® Marketplace for Mobile. Throughout the registration process, links to key documentation for distributing apps through Windows Marketplace for Mobile are provided."

Developers, if you haven't registered to participate in the Windows Marketplace for Mobile, now's as good a time as any to do so. You'll have to pony up an annual subscription fee of $99, but doing so will net you assistance with the development, certification, and distribution of your app. Check out the FAQ, if you have any queries. It's worth noting that participation is optional. You may consider the cost or the policies of the Marketplace to be too restrictive, in which case, you're still welcome to develop your app and distribute it through third-party storefronts as you're probably already doing so in this pre-Marketplace era.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Fritzly
Sage

To be fair MS should accept registration, let people test the site etc. and only once devices which could use Windows Mobile 6.5 became widely available charge the annual fee.
At least they should clearly state a date by which customers will be able to buy WM6.5 equipped devices. As it is you put out money in a project that does not have a start date......

Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 PM
timlayton
Pupil
Default Windows Mobile

Yes, the windows marketplace for mobile will be a huge success! Finally, us developers can have all of our cool apps in one place for everyone to find them and we can have a standard that protects the users as well. I am very excited about the marketplace!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 AM
jeisner
Ponderer

Well that didn't take long the 'joining fee' to the store that doesn't yet exist has gone up to US$150 per year...

EDIT.......
My mistake it is AUD$150 or US$99, I didn't realise it was detecting my local currenvy, though their conversion rate is a bit harsh.. should be around AUD$117 than add 10% GST so AUD$134, guess MS Australia wants $16 extra for themselves ;-)

Last edited by jeisner; 09-04-2009 at 02:07 PM..