Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default More Zune Tease From Microsoft

http://twitter.com/officethemovie

Microsoft has a new Twitter account called Office The Movie that is giving info and registration links for the tech preview of Office 2010 later this year. They also have two posts about the Zune though. I am not sure what the Zune has to do with Office, unless there is either a Zune Phone in the works that will sync with Office in some way, but MS keeps denying a Zune Phone. Another option is the Zune engine in Windows Mobile, replacing Windows Media Player. Here is the specific information:

• Roughly 3pm ET on May 11th - June 2009 will be an important month for Zune lovers.
  • Roughly 2am ET on May 12th - @Gilly2468 @Chimerica @clubdirthill @serenecloud New product launch, that's all I'm allowed to say. Hold off from buying an iPhone/Pre.

Make of it what you will, and follow OfficeTheMovie on Twitter to see if they give any more information.

Update: This Twitter account was a fake, which you can see if you look at it now, so once again, any rumors of Zune Phone or similar are dashed. Sorry for the alert. Move along. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droid you are looking for. For what it is worth, Microsoft now has an official Twitter account for Office 2010. When I posted this, Microsoft was linking to the fake account.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Brothernod
Pupil

The first tweet gives some context to what Office could have to do with Zune.

"Office 2010 will include Twitter, Facebook, and other social networks integrated right into Word..."

I read that to include the Zune Social.

But what in the world could Microsoft do in June that would prevent me from considering a Pre or upgrading my iPhone? I have no clue, and I doubt they do too, to be honest. They're already shown their hand for this year with Windows Mobile 6.5, and 7 is no where to be seen.

AT BEST I'm betting they finally announce Zune replacing Windows Media Player on Windows Mobile since I could see them squeezing that in, but really, really do they that's enough to make anyone rethink the other options.

And I still don't see how they could make that remark on an office blog.

Very excited though none the less.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Interesting...I wish I understood what this could mean!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
typoink
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothernod View Post
But what in the world could Microsoft do in June that would prevent me from considering a Pre or upgrading my iPhone? I have no clue, and I doubt they do too, to be honest. They're already shown their hand for this year with Windows Mobile 6.5, and 7 is no where to be seen.

AT BEST I'm betting they finally announce Zune replacing Windows Media Player on Windows Mobile since I could see them squeezing that in, but really, really do they that's enough to make anyone rethink the other options.
Other possibilities: Zune + Sidekick device, or Zune software and integration available to numerous non-MS feature phones.

Or maybe they actually will ship a "Zune Phone" version of the rumored Zune HD.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
stlbud
Intellectual

It is curious after all the direct statements that there would be no Zune phone.

Zune Tag - therealstlbud

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Stinger
Thinker

The iPhone/Pre line suggests that it's a cell phone-related announcement, rather than something surely Zune-related.

Project Pink perhaps?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Brothernod
Pupil

AND it's officially a sham.

graw, what a waste of excitement.

It was a fake twitter account (well a real account, but pretending to be an official Microsoft account, which it was not) created with the sole intent of stirring up some attention for the author's apple piracy rant.

I know this stuff happens all the time, but this seems to be the most hyped up totally false and unreliable piece of info I've seen passed around the blogosphere in awhile. I feel lied to, usually I take stuff from "sources" with a grain of salt, and I'm cool with that, but this was completely unfabricated and never verified by anyone which makes it feel dirty.

Please update the article so no one else gets their hopes up, the post is a lie.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothernod View Post
AND it's officially a sham.
Yep... I just read this on Neowin. Great going, Microsoft.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:00 AM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUKid7 View Post
Yep... I just read this on Neowin. Great going, Microsoft.
For what? Dismissing the rumor? They have no control over some random person doing this.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
For what? Dismissing the rumor? They have no control over some random person doing this.
No, but Microsoft did have control over their own Office 2010 Movie website, which sparked this fiasco when it linked to the non-Microsoft-run Twitter account.
Quote:
The Office 2010 Movie Website accidentally posted a link to a fake Twitter account on their website. The account in question is @officethemovie, which is not an official Microsoft operated Twitter account.
Sure, mistakes happen, but why would that Microsoft employee think that Twitter account were official without checking to make sure someone at Microsoft actually ran it.

Last edited by OSUKid7; 05-13-2009 at 12:18 PM..