Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default phoneArea.com Reviews the HTC Touch Diamond2

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC...iew-r_2151.html

"When a product proves to be a success, it´s fairly logical it sooner or later gets a successor. As it name suggests, the HTC Touch Diamond2 comes out to lend some more color to the otherwise nice, but aging model that was released last year. Hitting the shelves less than a year after its predecessor first appeared, the new smart phone doesn´t feature any ground-breaking novelties, but rather picks us where the previous model left off improving on blunders HTC made with the predecessor. It seems the model has gotten a bit fatter, but it sports larger screen, more powerful battery and system memory and has got an expansion slot."

phoneArea.com always has extremely detailed reviews, and this one is no exception: they take a really detailed look at the HTC Touch Diamond2 [Affiliate]. Their verdict? It's a bit of a mixed bag - they don't like the new "boring" look compared to the design of the first-gen Touch Diamond, and say it's difficult to see the screen in direct sunlight. That's a legitimate complaint, but I've yet to see a Windows Mobile device with a screen that's sunlight-friendly. Even OLED screens aren't sunlight friendly. Those minor complaints aside, phoneArea.com gives the Touch Diamond2 a 9/10 rating and it looks like it's ready for Windows Mobile 6.5 when it comes out later this year.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor

Technically not a Windows Mobile device, but the old iPaq 36xx to 39xx were quite usable outdoors. :P

Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Fritzly
Sage

I almost picked up one of these but the processor does not convince me, it seems inadequate nowadays; so I am waiting for the Toshiba.
f course only if Toshiba will guarantee an upgrade to WM 6.5

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
heliod
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC...iew-r_2151.html

...... and say it's difficult to see the screen in direct sunlight. That's a legitimate complaint, but I've yet to see a Windows Mobile device with a screen that's sunlight-friendly. .........

It seems you haven't tried the Samsung Omnia. You can work in the sun with very little trouble.

Helio

Old 05-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliod View Post
It seems you haven't tried the Samsung Omnia. You can work in the sun with very little trouble.
That's true, I haven't tried the Omnia. What kind of screen does it use that works well in sunlight?