Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default WorldMate Live Reviewed, Travelers Rejoice

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...dmate-live.mspx

"If you're a regular traveler, you know that being organized helps make for a smoother travel experience. Knowing where you're going next-and how you're getting there-means less stressful traveling. Having all of your flight, car rental, and hotel information entered into your Windows Mobile smartphone is critical. But if you're like most people, myself included, your system probably goes something like this: You make your travel arrangements, the confirmation e-mails flow into your Inbox, and you start the process of copying and pasting each travel item into an appointment. There has to be a better way, right? WorldMate Live is a great solution for frequent travelers because it saves you time while keeping your travel plans on track. I installed it on my phone and took it for a spin."

A few minor issues aside, WorldMate Live looks like a great service for travelers. Our very own Jason Dunn gave it a whirl on his Windows Mobile Professional device and reported his impressions over at the Windows Mobile web site. Check it out.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
stlbud
Intellectual
Default Worldmate and the iPaq RX5915

OK, so I know this is an old issue but so far no one has mentioned (as far as I can see).

I have a iPaq RX5915 "Travel Companion" that is in very good condition. I use it every day. Problem is, Worldmate 2006 was part of the "ROM" install. That would be fine except the software publisher has updated their software (Worldmate Live?) leaving Wordlmate 2006 dead in the water. I can't uninstall it and it is difficult to ignore because it has a Today Screen plug-in and is embedded in HPs Quick Launch.

I've disabled the Today Screen plug-in but don't see any way to remove the program or even hide it. Any suggestions?

PS - It's a shame HP and the software vendor embedded this in the ROM and then abandoned it. It is using up valuable memory that could be used for better things. This is similar to the Nevo software in another iPaq. The AV remote software was cool and worked great until it too was abandoned. Now there are no updates and no practical way to get it to work with newer equipment.

Zune Tag - therealstlbud