Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Lose Hassling With Receipts With ProOnGo

https://www.proongo.com/beta/web/index.php

There's expense tracking software, and then there's ProOnGo. We covered the original Expense version back in January, and our own Clinton Fitch did an in-depth review where he gives it a big thumbs up. Now the company is offering a beta trial of a new software-as-a-service addon - Receipt Reader. Just snap a photo of the receipt, cut out all your private details with the dedicated photo editor, and send it through the cloud - you get back the expense details in a ready to use format. Interested? Check out the beta website for more details.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Frankie1
Intellectual
Default Love the idea

I love the idea of it processing the receipts on it's servers. It makes much more sense than trying to squeeze the processing power of our devices for such a task that does not neccesarily need immediate attention. The 5 minute turnaround time is awesome as well. I'm going to give this a shot, and report back.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Frankie1
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1 View Post
I love the idea of it processing the receipts on it's servers. It makes much more sense than trying to squeeze the processing power of our devices for such a task that does not neccesarily need immediate attention. The 5 minute turnaround time is awesome as well. I'm going to give this a shot, and report back.
Yeah I tried it, the application crashes on my HTC touch HD, after taking a picuture of the receipt. I guess the 5Mp camera is just too much for it.

Maybe version 2 will be a little better.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
PhillipL
Neophyte

Frankie,

We can help with this--could you email us at [email protected]? Two details will help us understand the problem better:

(1) If you change your camera settings to 3 Megapixels, then try again, does it work?

(2) If you go to Settings, and change your Image Source to "File/Storage Card", then try to add an existing 5 MPX image to an expense, does that work for you?

We have plenty of users on HTC Touch HD, but there might be something unique that is causing this to not work for you. Whatever it is, we'll solve it!

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Frankie1
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipL View Post
Frankie,

We can help with this--could you email us at [email protected]? Two details will help us understand the problem better:

(1) If you change your camera settings to 3 Megapixels, then try again, does it work?

(2) If you go to Settings, and change your Image Source to "File/Storage Card", then try to add an existing 5 MPX image to an expense, does that work for you?

We have plenty of users on HTC Touch HD, but there might be something unique that is causing this to not work for you. Whatever it is, we'll solve it!

Thanks!
You guys have awesome support, and I responded to your email whith a detailed results of my testing. In a nutshell, your application is awesome!!!

In your defense, I'm using a custom ROM which might accont for the single minor issue I'm experinencing.

Awesome App!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Anthony13
Neophyte
Default ProOnGo for Blackberry

I saw a guy on twitter who was using ProOnGo for his Blackberry Storm. He claimed he was using a free trial version that integrated with Quickbooks, and had time and mileage expense entry as well.

Does anyone know where to find that download. I didnt even know the WM version integrated with Quickbooks yet.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:29 AM
PhillipL
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony13 View Post
I saw a guy on twitter who was using ProOnGo for his Blackberry Storm. He claimed he was using a free trial version that integrated with Quickbooks, and had time and mileage expense entry as well.

Does anyone know where to find that download. I didnt even know the WM version integrated with Quickbooks yet.
Anthony,

We don't have anything to announce yet about when the Blackberry version of ProOnGo will be available, but we DO have a way that you can get news on our upcoming Blackberry Storm release as soon as it is available. Just go to our web site, and sign up to be notified when ProOnGo Expense with Receipt Reader is available for Blackberry Storm.

Also, to get official info about ProOnGo through twitter, make sure that you are following ProOnGo. Thats where we put out official info--faster than we get it up on our web site, in fact!

Best,
Phillip Leslie
ProOnGo

Old 06-02-2009, 11:29 PM
PhillipL
Neophyte
Default ProOnGo Expense Basic now Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony13 View Post

Today we made two announcements:

(1) The immediate availability of our Receipt Reader service for Blackberry Storm
(2) We're no longer charging for the Excel and PDF export features in our Windows Mobile application. ProOnGo Expense Basic is now completely free.

Join us at http://www.ProOnGo.com and let us know what else we can do to make your expense tracking a breeze!

Phillip Leslie
ProOnGo

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
davehacker
Neophyte
Default QuickBooks, Mileage, Faxing

ProOnGo just announced a new version that includes QuickBooks integration, faxing support, mileage tracking, and runs on most BlackBerries and Windows Mobile Phones.

You can download directly from here: www.ProOnGo.com.

Please contact [email protected] with any questions or comments.