Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Releases Service Pack 2 for Office 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...81-9db49b4ab6e5

"Outlook is where a large percentage of our users spend the majority of their work time. It's critical that the application provide the experience that they expect and need to get their work done. Outlook 2007 SP2 is 26 percent faster than its predecessor on a set of common e-mail tasks and is even faster, 35 percent, with larger mailboxes. Users will experience considerable responsiveness and speed improvements on common, day-to-day operations like launching, synchronizing and searching. We were excited to be able to act on as much of the customer feedback as we did."

Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Office 2007 has gone gold. Microsoft Update will deliver it to customers no sooner than three months from now, but if waiting isn't part of your game plan, the standalone installer, which weighs in at 290.2 MB, is now yours to grab and install. SP2 packs a plethora of improvements, with a considerable number of them focused on every Windows Mobile device's best buddy, Outlook.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

Grabbed the download and installed it. The first attempt at install failed so I had to run it again. Lost about 2 hours of productivity trying to do the update. Then about 10 minutes lost for Outlook to scan my .pst's and .ost's.

I've used Outlook and Excel now that the upgrade is complete, Outlook does seem a bit faster. Not sure about other improvements yet. I want to see how the Visio to Word paste improvement works. That will be later today or tomorrow - I have an RFP I need to respond to with some nice flowcharts.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Down8
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to Down8 Send a message via AIM to Down8 Send a message via MSN to Down8 Send a message via Yahoo to Down8

Mine was in MS Update when I got home - so they are pushing it to some ppl.

-bZj

Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM
gregh
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to gregh

in MS Update for me as well

Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Fritzly
Sage

I see some improvements in Outlook speed but in the 10% range not 25%; better than nothing though.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down8 View Post
Mine was in MS Update when I got home - so they are pushing it to some ppl.
Yeah, it appears to be universal, and a heck of a lot earlier than expected. Annoyingly, if you installed SP2 using the standalone installer, Microsoft Update still prompts you to download and install it.