Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Touch Diamond2 and Touch Pro2 Reviewed

If you're eyeballing the HTC Touch Diamond2 or Touch Pro2 as a suitable replacement for your archaic/ailing handset, then you may be interested in what 4WinMobile.com and Mobile-review.com (Russian to English translation) have to say about the respective devices. The long story short is that they're very impressive devices. And, as you probably already know, HTC is committed to providing free Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrades later in the year. If all that has convinced you to purchase, head over to our affiliate hardware store. The Touch Pro2 is available for pre-order; however, the Touch Diamond2 is already in stock (48 units, at the time of writing) and ready to ship, so you could have one in your hands as early as this week.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
fone_fanatic
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to fone_fanatic Send a message via Yahoo to fone_fanatic

anyone have any speculation for the tp2 on at&t?

Some ppl say it won't be until november because they're gonna wait atleast a year since the tilt was launched and that the FUZE is still fairly new, but At&t is now offering the fuze for free i think it could be soon..

Old 04-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I hope they will be able to optimize the Touch Pro 2: with a somewhat underpowered processor the battery lasts only half day? Way too short for someone like me that has already gotten burned by the Touch and its ridiculous battery life.
I am slowly drifting toward the Toshiba.......

Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 AM
V-iPAQ
Ponderer

yeh, specs aren't special, it's a wait and see for me.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
efjay
Theorist

Is this really a good idea to advise buying a D2 or TP2 when they dont have US 3G? Seems a waste of money since you will never get the full potential of these devices in the US in their current config.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Is this really a good idea to advise buying a D2 or TP2 when they dont have US 3G? Seems a waste of money since you will never get the full potential of these devices in the US in their current config.
I must agree. Another thing, Touch Pro2 has accelometer, but yet, it looks if you want to change screen orientation you must open a keyboard. So, what ios the point to have the axelometer?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain View Post
I must agree. Another thing, Touch Pro2 has accelometer, but yet, it looks if you want to change screen orientation you must open a keyboard. So, what ios the point to have the axelometer?
That's just fine with me. I've watched people twist and turn their iPhone's to get it oriented the right way. Give me a button or something. The phone is not smarter than I am. Not with orientation any way.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 AM
superrrguy
Ponderer

This looks pretty cool but I with they didn't take away the d-pad.

It's all about the apps, not the app store.

If Apple keeps software like SlingPlayer off the iPhone and WinMo developers step it up this probably be my next phone.