Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Toshiba 2009-2010 Roadmap Leaked

http://translate.google.com.my/tran...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"Yet released Toshiba TG01 and proprietary information in accordance with the Techblog, the Toshiba is expected to present two models of the TG series in 2009. The reason for Toshiba TG02 and Toshiba TG03 with touch screen 4.1-inch WVGA and analysis processor 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8 × 50. The TG02 has a 3,2 Megapixel camera and is waterproof (!), While the TG03 has 5 Megapixel camera and 5.1-channel sound."

The only thing I can say is...wow. I'm speechless. Apart from the L01 (which incidentally may run on a fuel-cell battery), all the others are the type of large screen, full featured devices that I've always envisaged as the perfect one for me. I'm further intrigued by the launch windows, which possibly intersects with that of WM7 - that makes the K01 MID doubly interesting with its capacitive screen. Kudos to Techblog for the scoop (translation here)!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Gerard
Pontificator

I'll second that wow. Just wow. A screen slightly larger than the already wonderful screens of the e800/e830. Waterproof! HUMONGOUS resolution, even better than the old VGA devices, all of this to be released within a year or so... and best of all, it's not April 1st. I am very impressed, and happy that my current/new phone, the HTC Touch, seems to be a competent enough device to keep me sort of happy until such a beast becomes available.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Wow, that could shape up to be some HOT hardware! Of course, given Toshiba's horrible North American distribution, I'll probably never get to see one...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 PM
kerrins
Ponderer

Wow! We just got a waterproof camera for a trip to Hawaii and I was extremely happy with it. Having a PPC in my hand so I could watch a video while floating or check on places to eat would be awesome!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Fritzly
Sage

A side effect of this roadmap could be the negative effect on the sales of the TG1 device; I would rather wait few months and buy a TG2. hopefully it will ship with WM 6.5.
As for the possible sinergies with WM7 this seems to me more a hope than anything else; I would not be surprised if the new OS will arrive at the end of 2010 if not even later.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default Toshiba?!?!?

I wish this was coming from HTC and not Toshiba. I had an e830. I loved the screen and the general design and features at the time. I was really dissappointed by Toshiba's terrible support. I had to fight to get one in the US for starters. Toshiba never released fixes for some bad problems it had like not being able to run things off the storage card and suspend (did find a reg fix for this but Toshiba was no help) and the bluetooth stack wouldn't work with keyboards. That was the main reason I wanted bluetooth so I was stunned when I got it and found out that wouldn't work.

I give them an F for support. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are. If you had a Toshiba before would you buy another?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 AM
follick
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector View Post
I give them an F for support. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are. If you had a Toshiba before would you buy another?
Yes.

I haven't gotten a whole lot of great support from any PDA manufacturer. I believe there are still some HTC PDA's waiting for graphics drivers to actually allow them to use their advertised graphics hardware for instance. I'm also not that impressed by HP's support for my current 210 or for my old 4700.
On the other hand my Toshiba e800 is still my all-time favorite PDA. I will watch Toshiba's future products with great interest.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Fellwalker
Pupil

TG02 Waterproof and A-GPS means great for taking on hikes with outdoor mapping software on it. Finally I could replace my HP hx4700 which is drop proof (metal case) but not waterproof. It adds a phone and a camera. Reasonable camera size so as long as it doesn't take half a minute to snap the photo (which I read other makes of phone do), it could replace a handheld camera too for day to day use.

Sadly it means I wait for the TG02 whereas I had thought i would be a TG01 buyer.
HTC HD2.Finally ditched HP hx4700 and miss its excellent screen, which was the proper shape, and its accuracy with a stylus.Sad Psion never developed its 5 series.Fed up that TomTom don't support HD2.