Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default HTC Touch Diamond2 Unboxing

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs...ing-and-preview

"Yesterday I managed to get my hands on a pre-release version of the Diamond2 which I'm going to use to start off my review of the handset. This pre-release unit is final hardware but there will be a few more tweaks to the ROM before the final version goes on sale in the next few days. I've had the Diamond2 for less than 24 hours so far and I have to say that I like what I see. I'm happy that the back is now flat rather than angular like the original Diamond and despite the larger screen, larger battery and the inclusion of the MicroSD card socket HTC have managed to keep the overall size and weight down so that it's not much bigger or heavier than the Diamond and still retains the slim-appeal."

Salivating over the forthcoming HTC Touch Diamond2? Then you'll enjoy this 18 minute long video that goes into great detail on this new device. I was shocked to see how quickly it booted up - evidently HTC has figured out a fairly major optimization here since it's still Windows Mobile 6.1, not 6.5. All in all, looks like a nice device - especially that screen resolution. Our affiliate partner Expansys is selling the Diamond2, Euro/Asia 3G frequencies, for $574.99 USD.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Macguy59
Mystic

I really like that UI. Too bad it's only skin deep.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 AM
jdmichal
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguy59 View Post
I really like that UI. Too bad it's only skin deep.
It may only be skin deep, but I have to admit that they're close to having a whole skin! It looks like everything but external applications is now done inside TouchFlo. Quite an accomplishment indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Pro2 version.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:22 AM
randalllewis
Thinker

I am still a fan of HTC Touch Flo phones. If the US 3G version of the Diamond 2 is released and does NOT have the major size and weight gain over the Euro version like what happened when the original Diamond was released here, I might be interested.

It is nice to see HTC continue to refine Touch Flo. The Diamond 2 seems to address my two least favorite features of the HD and original Diamond- eliminating the Start Menu list and adding more space and better feedback on the qwerty keyboard.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
david-ruffin
Neophyte

i'm using the HTC Touch Diamond 2 now to learn more about it for the next few days. i like its size, the screen size and the implementation of TouchFLO 3D. afterwhich, i'll decide whether i will buy this soon to replace my Touch Diamond or just stick with the latter

Old 05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
timlayton
Pupil
Default Htc

The HTC Diamond 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 will be simply incredible. This new phone will be able to really leverage all of the new stuff in win mbl 6.5. The Windows Mobile contact list will get a huge visual boost and be more touch-friendly as well, with larger menu items and an updated look. Internet explorer mobile, live mesh for mobile, silverlight 2 for mobile, windows media player mobile, windows mobile marketplace,.NET compact framework, .NET mobile, compact framework, and SQL server compact will all look fantastic on this new phone.