Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default A Fast Twitter Client For WinMo - Twikini

http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Twik...ni/default.aspx

"Twikini offers a powerful and efficient way to use Twitter on your phone. It conveniently updates your favorite feeds in the background, and leverages the camera, GPS, media, touch screen, keyboard, graphics and storage capabilities of your device."

It is in public beta right now. It claims to be fast, and first impressions is that it is, something I've found other WinMo Twitter clients aren't at all. In fact, it is so fast, I have just uninstalled one of my other Twitter clients that took forever to launch and refresh the screen and statuses of my friends. It is a paltry 75KB download and works on all Windows Mobile 5 and higher devices, both Standard and Pro.

It has other features like TwitPic integration, post updates on location via GPS, tweet your current song details from WMP and more. Check it out. Did I mention it was fast?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Definitely fast and small. But it probably will not remain free after the beta is over...

I'll probably just stick with pocketwit. http://code.google.com/p/pocketwit/

Worth keeping an eye on though. Seems to be a really well written piece of software.