Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Touch HD ROM Upgrade Improves GPS, Fixes Bugs

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDo...cat=2&dl_id=533

HTC has posted a ROM update for the Touch HD, which, alongside the usual batch of bug fixes, improves the performance of GPS and emergency call connections, and updates the connection setup database. It's a free download, although you will need to provide your serial number in order to gain access to it.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
nosmohtac
Sage

That's great news, but it sure would be nice to have some upgrade love for the Touch Pro. The Touch Pro has been available longer than the HD and has GPS bugs and other glitches too. The GSM version has received an upgrade be the CDMA one hasn't received any upgrade love.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Fritzly
Sage

I have the Touch Pro and the battery life is pathetic; better than the Diamond yes but still unacceptable.
Unfortunately until customers will not start to send messages closing the wallet I do not think things will change.
Personally I planned to buy the Pro II but now I decided toremain in stand by and see what the real story is.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team
Default Fuze/Raphael ROM upgrades

ROM/Radio upgrades are available for the Fuze, which apparently greatly improve both the GPS and battery performance. (Both are the domain of the radio, but there are some ROM tweaks available too).

Unfortunately though, these are not available through the vendor(s), but rather through the magic of the guys over @ xda-developers. It would mean 'unlocking' your raphael, and learning how to flash new ROMs on your own, but it's not horrifically difficult, nor time consuming.

...and it can make your experience with the Raphael much more enjoyable.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Frankie1
Intellectual
Default Touch HD Rocks

Hmm I never had a problem with GPS with the touch HD.. In fact, it's the oly device that I own that can actually pickup GPS satellites from indoors (50% of the time) and outdoors in less than 30 seconds (or it seems).

AWESOME AWESOM AWESOM AWESOME DEVICE!