Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Other Apple Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default APRIL FOOLS: Stepping Down; My Apologies

I don't really know what came over me.  I've been doing this Executive Editor thing here since November and I've been ignoring the amazing Microsoft product line all this time.  What was I thinking?

Yesterday I was in Best Buy and it was as if the voice of God Himself guided me into the computer section and showed me where I needed to go.  I saw this copper and bronze beauty and had to have it.  Now I finally understand what Lauren was talking about.  This is the ultimate in computing values.

For years and years I've been tricked by Apple fanboys and Kool-Aid drinkers into thinking I need to have a Mac to get anything I wanted to do done.  What they didn't tell me was that I could've saved $1700 over the cost of my MacBook Pro and got this 17" monster!  I mean, look at it!  It has a numeric keypad!  And I can do HD video just as good as I can on my former MacBook Pro.  Yeah, the Turion processor is a bit slow, but that just means I have more time for my wife and cats.

And sure it's a bit heavy (more than my newborn godson was, to be precise) but that just means it won't slide around on my desk when I'm working on it.

I've seen the light, and hopefully you all will too.  Welcome to Microsoft Thoughts, the new home of all things Microsoft.  I'm going to turn the site back over to Jason and hopefully he'll find someone fitting to run it.

Thanks for the memories, fanboys!