Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Steal of a Deal - Tekkeon TekCharge MP1800

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10189248-58.html

"Tired of running out of juice when you're on the run? The Tekkeon TekCharge MP1800 is a rechargeable portable battery pack that supplies power to phones, MP3 players, Bluetooth headsets, and other mobile devices. The charger comes with seven adapter tips for use with most kinds of mobile phones, but you can also use the USB cable that came with your iPod, Zune, or other device. In other words, it's almost universally compatible, provided that your gizmo can be charged via USB."

I think I'm going to order one of these as is should cover my iPod, Zune, and phone.  The normal price is $44.95, but right now Amazon has them for $28.99 $39.27 (they hiked the price!).  [Affiliate]  Unfortunately there is a couple of week backlog on their supply, so it will be a bit before I can share my thoughts.  Anyone out there already have one of these?

Old 03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Weird - the price jumped to $39.27... Maybe they saw the pick-up in orders and hiked the price.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Doug Raeburn
Review Coordinator Emeritus

Comes up at $39.27 for me... I'd have to give it some thought at that price.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus

and that price is for a 3rd party seller. Amazon has it back at $44.95. Glad I got my order in yesterday.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Craigus
Neophyte
Default Battery Adapter PRO

Have you considered the Battery Adapter PRO from BoxWave ?
It's only 22.50 (Web Special at the moment) and has the advantage of using rechargable or normal batteries. This gives you the flexability of being able to recharge even when there are no power plugs handy !
This has been an invaluable tool for me. Check it out at http://www.boxwave.com/products/batt...pter/index.htm

Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
kerrins
Ponderer

I think I like my Tilt better...I just got an extra battery for $12 and can swap it out in seconds.