Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Could This Be Our Future?

http://www.istartedsomething.com/

"When Microsoft decides to imagine the future, it never fails to impress. Not only do you have some of the smartest people envisioning what's possible, but they also invest so much into communicating these ideas through sights and sounds which the production value can be compared to most blockbuster sci-fi films. Today at the Wharton Business Technology Conference, Microsoft's Business Division president Stephen Elop unveiled the latest production from Microsoft Office Labs called "2019″, starring stock photo men, women and children playing with the next-generation of communication, collaboration and production technologies."

Link over to istartedsomething.com and check out the video of what the future may be like. It's actually a Microsoft video of what they hope the future of technology brings. Sort of reminds me of the computer system Tony Stark from Ironman uses. If MS could actually pull this off, they'll be back on my "wow!" list. What do you all think? Could this really be in our future, or will it be nothing like this?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
dazz
Theorist

Well, that is a pretty cool vid. It's fun thinking of what future tech will be like but seeing it makes it much cooler.

The one thing I am sure will happen is that we will carry our computer/communicator around with us and it will be the brains (but not necessarily the muscle) of whatever device we use. We are already seeing attempts at it and it is certainly coming.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook

While these technologies may actually be in "experimental" and beta form currently, it'll still be 20-25 years before we see this vision come to full reality. Microsoft has great vision (and this video actually rivals most/all sci-fi films), but time to actually release is a whole nother vision LOL

Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
frankenbike
Intellectual

I'd really like to see a "% of the way there" when they do these videos. They're kind of like the concept cars of the applications world and there are a lot of things they could do now with existing and RSN hardware.

I mean, this is a company that is now nearly two years behind everyone else when it comes to portable device operating systems. The friggin Google phone can already scan UPCs and do online comparison shopping (demonstrated to me by a roller derby girl scanning the label on her beer bottle).

Microsoft needs to take these visionary films and GET TO WORK RIGHT NOW, rather than inspiring everyone else to get there first while they plug about with unimpressive piecemeal improvements to their existing products.

Unless Microsoft is really satisfied with being the Xerox Parc of the modern age.