Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Promises Touch Pro2 Will Be Available In All Major Markets

http://twitter.com/htc/status/1231850636

With the backlash from the Touch HD incident probably still fresh in their minds, the folks at HTC saw it fit to promise the Touch Pro2 to all major markets, including North America. So, to those of you who were denied a Touch HD, is this any consolation?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Joko
Neophyte

I rather they have had announced the Toshiba TG01 release in the USA more so than the TP2. But that is just me

Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
JNGold
Pupil

Hey HTC, what about the Diamond 2 in the US? Or at least a US WWE unlocked edition?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Rob Alexander
Sage

Yeah, I wanted a Touch HD, and I'd like to have a Touch Diamond 2. Why would someone who wants a slim keyboard-free touch device feel better that they're going to release yet another ultra-thick Touch Pro here? If I wanted a brick in my pocket, I'd pick one up from my yard. HTC, tell me you'll release the Touch Diamond 2 in US CDMA markets and then ask me if I feel better.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

by broadly availble, do they mean at carriers (cough *t-mobile*) or at insane unlocked prices?

that is a sweet looking device, no doubt.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
azhiker
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to azhiker
Default Always outside my reach

This phone seems worthy of my purchase!

Just when a phone comes along that has what will replace both my current cell phone and my PDA, with the right size screen and a keyboard... we will still have to wait several months before it is avaialble in the USA, and possibly with my current carrier (AT&T). If it sn't with AT&T may have to wat evern longer, or ahve to change carriers which is hard when you still ahve a contract!

Not sure AT&T would get this on their list because they already have the current Touch Pro.

So sometmes it is not helpful to watch the news of new models. Don't know how long my current phone will work. It is ONLY affordable if on a contract plan with a carrier.

So just having a great phone to look forward to is never the whole story. We are not talking a few months, but perhaps as late on Novemebr or December

Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
eugarps
Ponderer

All,

Yes please, I would like one but, like Ed, I think we're looking at yet another phone that will cost more than my notebook.....

I like the technology but probably won't be able to afford it. Guess I'll stick with my Treo Pro.

Bill