Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default A Day in the Life At Zune

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2009...ay-at-zune.aspx

"10:45 a.m.: Randomization begins. Two people stop by my desk to discuss different issues in some new code; as we're trying to lock down and stabilize for the milestone, I need to evaluate the issues and help my team come to a decision on each. And my husband is instant-messaging me, commenting on the music I'm playing (it shows up in my Messenger as my status). At the same time, I'm trying to write a mail that will go team-wide and let them know where we are in the planning for our next milestone and what documentation, costing, and prototyping work is due today and in the next few weeks. 11 a.m.: Zune central shiproom. This is a meeting of all teams - device, software, services and others - to come together and talk about project-wide issues. Today I only have good news to report about the progress my team is making on the current and next milestones."

Zune Insider Jessica Zahn, program manager for Zune Social, guides us through a typical day at Zune HQ, which includes meeting with product teams, tracking feature requests, and yes, complaining about the cafeteria food. Sound fun? Click through to read the whole thing!