Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default New Acer Smartphone Pics Leaked

http://www.slashgear.com/acer-dx650...-leaks-1233968/

"The first of Acer's upcoming smartphones, tipped for launch at their MWC announcement next week, has leaked, and it's certainly an interesting looking device. The Acer DX650 is a dual-sided Windows Mobile smartphone, with a traditional 2.8-inch QVGA touchscreen on one side, and a full numeric keypad and 1.27-inch 128 x 96 monochrome OLED display on the reverse."

That's a fascinating design, though I really wonder how usable this is - the best of both worlds, or the worse of each? At least you can't accuse Acer of not trying to innovate. Other specs include GPS, micro-SD slot and a camera, though from the looks of it, this will be a low-resolution one for video-calling only. Acer will also be introducing another smartphone next week, in a more traditional design. The X960 features a 533MHz Samsung processor, 128MB RAM, 256 MB ROM, GPS and a slot for a Micro-SD card. The phone will also offer a 2.8" VGA screen, along with HSPA and a 3.2MP camera.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:38 AM
V-iPAQ
Ponderer

nice idea
I always worried whether I'd be able to dial (or unlock) my phone if I woke up one day with temporary blindness.