Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Mobile Manager For Netflix

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...re/netflix.mspx

Microsoft has released the Microsoft Mobile Manager for Netflix for Windows Mobile devices. It allows you to manage your Netflix queue, add movies to the queue and even watch movie trailers on your device.

It works pretty well. Up until now I had been using the mobile web page Netflix had but that is a bit tedious for managing much more than 10 movies in your queue. Unfortunately, the search in the app is no better than the mobile web page - you can only search for movie titles, not actors, which is a pain. I can never remember the movie title I saw a commercial for, but I can remember who was in it. Still, it is a pretty slick app and hopefully they will add features to make it even better. It is free. You do have to have a Windows Live account to access the download.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
ARW
Thinker

A decent enough app for what it does.

There is a bug however. On my Blackjack II the app will not connect when my phone is connected to my PC with Activesync. For some reason Microsoft must have either intentionally not allowed this functionality (why I can't imagine) or unintentionally screwed this up because of shoddy workmanship. Either seems plausible given that it is Microsoft.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 AM
mmidgley
Intellectual

why is microsoft writing software like this? why are they not spending their time on developing wm6.5 or wm7? I suppose if netflix is paying them, then its worth it to them. given the bug report, the app must have been developed to the same high standards always used in the windows mobile group.

m.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM
doogald
Oracle

Oy. You need to answer a marketing e-mail survey just to download this app? There isn't an eye rolling emoticon large enough for this one.

At least they are distributing it as a CAB file. If it had turned out to be an .exe install I would have been really rolling my eyes.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Oy. You need to answer a marketing e-mail survey just to download this app? There isn't an eye rolling emoticon large enough for this one.

At least they are distributing it as a CAB file. If it had turned out to be an .exe install I would have been really rolling my eyes.
I didn't have to answer a survey. But then I was already registered for their total access membership.

I really like the app. Though I do wish I could search by Actor and Director.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii