Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Slashgear Gets Hands-On With New Toshiba TG01

http://www.slashgear.com/toshiba-tg...nds-on-0332851/

"Toshiba only brought along two working TG01 prototypes to the London launch of the Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone today, but SlashGear managed to get some in-use shots of the handset in action. The company is betting on consumers prioritising style, screen size and multimedia ability above all else, and while their claims to have created a "new category of product" can be dismissed as the usual marketing hyperbole, the Toshiba TG01 itself looks to be a very interesting device."

The lucky folks over at Slashgear got to spend some hands-on time with the new Toshiba TG01. While I'm more of a Windows Mobile Standard QWERTY keyboard device kind of guy, I'm quite excited by this device because it manages to pack the fastest (on paper at least) CPU we've seen into a device that's thinner than any other Windows Mobile device I'm aware of. Combine that with a killer screen, and you could have a winning device. Be sure to check out the gaming post with the videos as well.

...OK, I was trying to resist saying anything, but I just can't. Whomever is holding that device simply does not have a future as a hand model. ;-)

Old 02-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Lord_Zelo
Pupil

Device looks awesome. Interface is pretty neat too from the videos. A lot of people are complaining about it being to big since it has like a 4.1" screen but I think that's awesome.

I agree with you about the hands. I think someone may need to get some antibiotics for that, looks like fungus to me.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:29 AM
RayanMX
Pupil

Beautiful device indeed!!!

In fact the new Toshiba TG01 is so incredibly beautiful and mesmerizing that Slashdot simply forgot about the 'non-photogenic' Zombie Joe hands

And no matter how nice the device is, I wouldn't get too close to that Toshiba!!!

Last edited by RayanMX; 02-04-2009 at 02:31 AM..

Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 AM
V-iPAQ
Ponderer

if the screen is 4.1" then it's pretty thick too..

Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Joko
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-iPAQ View Post
if the screen is 4.1" then it's pretty thick too..
It is going to be thinner by 21% actually from the Touch HD. It also has a bigger by 8%. Same WVGA screen and resolution but Touch HD has more pixels per square inch.

TG01 9.9mm thickness
Touch HD 12mm thickness