Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Best Selling Windows Mobile Phones Of All Time

http://www.mobilejaw.com/articles/2...ces-of-all-time

Mike Temporale of Mobile Jaw got some interesting stats on eleven Windows Mobile devices that sold over 1,000,000 units during its life. I know that may not sound like a huge amount when you compare it to the iPhone that has sold well over 10 million units in the relatively short 18 month life, you have to remember, the iPhone has two models, the original released in mid-2007 and the 3G model released in mid-2008. Windows Mobile devices however, are legion. There are far more than I could ever hope to keep up with.

Not surprising, seven were made by HTC (when you include the HTC built Audiovox SMT), while Samsung made three and Motorola made one, the ever-popular Q. What was surprising to me is there were no Palm Treo's on this list. Head over to the article to read the models that made the list. Mike draws some interesting conclusions on touch vs non-touch and keyboard vs keyboardless devices.

Did someone mention my name?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I still have my Audiovox SMT 5600. I loved that phone until the next-best-thing came along.

Work's sending me a phone soon, for emergencies. I hope it's a Rogers/Fido phone, because if it is, I'll yoink the sim out of it and stick it in the SMT 5600.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
farnold
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to farnold

I assume you guys have the right to post this picture?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Stinger
Thinker

I had the UK equivalent of the Audiovox (Orange SPV C500). It was a fantastic phone for its time. The first breakthrough Windows Mobile smartphone, IMO.

I wish it was easier to find out the sales for individual devices. If I recall correctly, the top selling smartphone of all time is the Nokia N73. It sold between 22 and 25 million units.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor

I'm not surprised that Treo's were missing from the list. I had a 755p for work and it was by far my least favorite device. I can understand why so many people didn't like them. I had tons of issues with it freezing when it changed towers or something. It would come back but it was a real pain.

The Pre on the other hand...that looks promising!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector View Post
I'm not surprised that Treo's were missing from the list. I had a 755p for work and it was by far my least favorite device.
I heard a number of issues with the 7xxp devices, but those are PalmOS, not Windows Mobile, so they wouldn't be on the list.

I don't recall workability issues with the "w" series of Treo devices, just that recently, they were stagnant in design.