Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Devices! Devices! Devices! Ballmer to Head Microsoft MWC Press Conference

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/n...-february.phtml

"Microsoft says: 'Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will highlight the company's latest innovations and partnerships, as well as share insights on the company's strategies and approaches that will enable more opportunities for mobile operators and device manufacturers to deliver exciting solutions for consumers and mobile workers'. For Ballmer to attend the press conference, along with Andrew Lees, senior vice president of Microsoft's mobile communications business, it could indicate big news from Microsoft. Last year Robie Bach delivered the speech."

While I wasn't terribly impressed with Steve Ballmer's keynote this year at CES, I have high hopes for the Microsoft press conference at this year’s Mobile World Congress. Even if we are not presented with a ton of information on the rollout or feature set of Windows Mobile 6.5 - or an any mention of windows Mobile 7 whatsoever - Microsoft has been rumored recently to announce SkyBox (a MobileMe competitor,) SkyLine (an enterprise version of SkyBox,) and SkyMarket (an Apple App Store like application) which could hold the potential to drastically change how we interact with our Windows Mobile powered handsets on a daily basis.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default WM 6.5 Here

Most of what I've read says this is where WM 6.5 will be announced, along with the online features it will include (SkyBox, SkyMarket, etc.). It should be interesting, but will it be enough to shut the naysayers up?

Steve

P.S. Shouldn't the headline say "MWC", not "MVC"?