Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Thoughts Site Updates

Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 AM
Michael Barrett
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to Michael Barrett
Default Happy Birthday Vinny!

It's not often that I get to surprise him, so take a moment with me to wish Vinny a very happy birthday.  Vinny busts his butt to make sure everything runs smooth here at Apple Thoughts and his desire for excellence keeps us all working hard to make sure this site is one of your favorite stops for the latest Apple news and reviews.  I've known Vinny for quite a few years and I have never met someone more dedicated to getting a job done than he is.  Check out his Amazon wishlist and make sure you leave him a comment.  Just don't tease him about those gray hairs. Just kidding!  Happy birthday Vinny!

Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Happy birthday, Vincent! Any new toys today?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari

Awwwwwww... Thanks Michael :-)

And no Darius, nothing fun, although I did do some spending at the Apple Store last night and got a second power supply, a Griffin Elevate stand, an Apple Wireless Keyboard, iLife '09, and a new set of headphones for use at my desk. Overall, I spent about $300 to trick out my desk a little now that I'm laptop only.

So yeah, a few new toys!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Happy Birthday!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ferrari View Post
And no Darius, nothing fun, although I did do some spending at the Apple Store last night and got a second power supply, a Griffin Elevate stand, an Apple Wireless Keyboard, iLife '09, and a new set of headphones for use at my desk. Overall, I spent about $300 to trick out my desk a little now that I'm laptop only.
Oh, the Apple BT keyboard rocks. I use it with my iMac at home. Not a bad birthday gift set!

Happy birthday, Vinny!

--janak

Old 01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh View Post
Oh, the Apple BT keyboard rocks. I use it with my iMac at home. Not a bad birthday gift set!

Happy birthday, Vinny!

--janak
It does indeed rock. It's a bit small for my tastes, but it does kick a great deal of buttocks. I do love Apple's chicklet key design so much. I would kill for a similar keyboard for my Windows desktop at the office.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Ferrari View Post
It does indeed rock. It's a bit small for my tastes, but it does kick a great deal of buttocks. I do love Apple's chicklet key design so much. I would kill for a similar keyboard for my Windows desktop at the office.
Agreed. I never thought I'd like the new keyboard so much, but it has rapidly become my favorite. I'm lucky that I can at least get the wired version in my office, so I'm using the Mighty Mouse and the wired Apple keyboard. (They discourage the wireless units here at work because of interference when there are many around, plus the slight chance of security issues. This is somewhat reduced with BT, but whatever, I can deal with wired keyboards in the office. )

--janak

Old 01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts

Happy Birthday Vincent! Yea what better way to spend it then in the Apple Store :-)

Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Joe Johaneman
Contributing Editor
Send a message via AIM to Joe Johaneman Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Johaneman Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Johaneman

Happy Birthday Vincent!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Macguy59
Mystic

Happy birthday The Apple BT keyboard is ok but I have the DiNovo Edge BT keyboard for Mac. It looks great with my Alum Macs and it kicks some tail to.