Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default T-Mobile Germany Releases HTC Touch Viva as MDA Basic

http://www.telekom.com/dtag/cms/con...nt/dt/de/608364

T-Mobile's German division has released (English translation) the HTC Touch Viva as the MDA Basic, which packs some - you guessed it - rather basic innards: a TI OMAP 850 201MHz processor, 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM, quad-band GSM/EDGE (no 3G), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, a 2.0 megapixel camera, a 2.8" QVGA (240 x 320) touch screen, a microSD slot, and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. But all is forgiven, thanks to its low price tag of €4.95 ($6.58 USD) on a two-year contract.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Kassad
Pupil

So what exactly is the difference between this phone and the MDA Touch (HTC Elf)? The second version of the MDA Touch has the same specs as this phone. I don't get it..

Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Carty
Pupil
Send a message via Yahoo to Carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
So what exactly is the difference between this phone and the MDA Touch (HTC Elf)? The second version of the MDA Touch has the same specs as this phone. I don't get it..
I suppose the elf had only 128 MB in ram but this one is 256. Nothing much I could say..

Regards,
Carty..

Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

Is a 2 year contract normal in Germany? I wouldn't be interested in going for any more than 12 months unless it was an awesome device that wasn't available any other way ... err - like the iPhone until PAYG came out ;-) ... for a budget phone - pay as you go or a max 1 year contract seems a better option - give it a couple of months and they will be giving it away for free.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
This has more RAM and ROM. It's also quad-band GSM/EDGE, whereas some versions of the Touch are tri-band.