Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Marvell's PXA168 Capable of 1GHz+

http://www.marvell.com/products/cel...a/release/1199/

"Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), an industry leader in storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions, today unveils the Marvell® PXA168, the first in a family of applications processors targeted at new mass market opportunities in computing and digital consumer devices with the potential to reach up to a billion units. The Marvell PXA168 is based on a new innovative architecture that delivers the processing capabilities of an entry-level laptop to instant-on, digital consumer devices by enabling full-featured web surfing, Internet widgets, multi-format video, Adobe Flash-based content playback, image processing, video conferencing and advanced graphical user interfaces (GUIs) - at consumer price points with ultra-low power for longer battery life. Incorporating Marvell Sheeva technology, this new class of applications processor is scalable beyond 1GHz to enable converged consumer devices."

ASUS may have packed an impressive PXA930 800MHz processor into its P565, but it's already looking a little feeble next to the PXA168, Marvell's newest kid on the block. The question is whether we'll see it in any of this year's Windows Mobile devices. Time will tell.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

It's exciting to see the speed ticking up - a 1 Ghz CPU, combined with real GPU hardware acceleration could do some impressive things.