Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Hands On With The Motorola SURF A3100

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/...orial-hands-on/

"Like the Curve 8900, it turns out that Motorola's SURF is a device that kinda needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated. In light of TouchFLO and its endless competitors, the skin Moto's developed for this thing -- while tasteful and seemingly finger-friendly -- really isn't anything to get terribly excited about, but it does an adequate job of making the superficial surface of Windows Mobile reasonably finger-friendly."

Not a bad effort, especially for those who remember the MPX220. If I'm not mistaken (I'm not that familiar with Motorola's offerings over the years), this is the first WinMo touchscreen phone from Motorola since the aforementioned ill-fated MPX. This isn't exactly a flagship device, but should fit nicely for those who don't need a hardware keyboard. Running WM6.1 Pro, the SURF has a Qualcomm 528MHz processor, 128MB RAM (nice to see this becoming standard), quadband GSM, triband HSPA, 3.1MP camera, and a trackball control. It's not clear whether GPS is available except in the AGPS category. Pricing and availability has yet to be announced.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Motorola Touchscreen Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhisham Hussein View Post
If I'm not mistaken (I'm not that familiar with Motorola's offerings over the years), this is the first WinMo touchscreen phone from Motorola since the aforementioned ill-fated MPX.
I think it's the first consumer touchscreen phone since the MPx, but there were others.

Steve