Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default SmartphoneNotes for Pocket PC and Smartphone

http://www.syncdata.it/products.html

"SmartphoneNotes is a powerful text notes organizer for Windows Mobile-based Smartphone. With SmartphoneNotes, you can easily create and manage text notes directly on your Smartphone and synchronize them with Microsoft Outlook® on your desktop computer"

This app appears to make Notes on your device behave a bit more like they do in Outlook, allowing you to color code and categorize them. All of the settings are synchronized back to Outlook. Be sure to look at the requirements. For the Smartphone (aka WM Standard) it supports all the way back to 2003, but for the Pocket PC, you need Windows Mobile 5 or later. Vista and XP are supported, and it is compatible with Outlook 2000 or later, assuming the OS supports it. I am not sure if Vista and Windows Mobile Device Center support Office 2000 or not. We could have a discussion as to whether it supports 2002, 2003, or 2007 as well, but that is really for another thread.

There is a trial version for both platforms. The Smartphone version is $17.95 and the Pocket PC version is 19.95.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
TimeHunter
Pupil
Default Long Time User

I've been using this software since back in my Moto MPX200 / WinMo2002 days. If you want to sync notes from Outlook to a WinMo Standard (non touch screen) device, I think this is the best add-in software for the job. MS may have lacked the wisdom to sync notes with WinMo Standard, but this takes care of it handily. In fact, I think it is better than the native notes functions of Professional, so you may even want to consider using it there to.