Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 12-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I think the line from Douglas Adam's quadrilogy has always seemed the most appropriate for goodbyes, perhaps because it fits my sometimes quirky personality.  I have enjoyed my time as a contributing editor at Pocket PC Thoughts.  When I first received an email invitation from Jason, I was shocked and humbled at the opportunity.  I had been a site visitor since almost the beginning and really looked forward to contributing in this new way.  Over my time here I've tried to do the best I could, even as I've seen the mobile landscape change from PDA-only devices to an almost exclusive focus on smartphones and phone-enabled devices.  For now, I'm still a two-device guy but I'm sure it won't be for long.

Unfortunately, in the transition between the two worlds, I find my real-world responsibilities as radio announcer, husband, and father of two precious girls are taking more of my time and I have less to share with Thoughts Media.  And so, with regrets, I shared with Jason my need to take leave of the Contributing Editor position.  It's an experience I have greatly appreciated, especially getting to work with someone of Jason's caliber. 

Beyond Jason's leadership at the helm of Thoughts Media, he has entrusted each site to the care of a managing editor.  For us, Darius Wey has served as that organizer, filter, guide, mentor and even friend.  He has helped me through countless issues, especially as I began as a Contributing Editor. I want to extend a special thanks to him.  The rest of the team, Jon, Janak, and Ed have also provided some needed feedback and have made me a better editor.  Lastly, if you've ever stopped in to comment on a post, or at least take the time to read it, I thank you.  That's what makes this site worth it.  In closing, perhaps the Bible's Apostle Paul said it best in many of his closings of his letters, Grace be with you.  I don't know about you, but I can use all the grace I can get!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 AM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Thanks for your contributions!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Steven Cedrone

You will be missed...

Old 12-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Sorry to see you go, Paul. You've been a great contributor to the site. You'll be missed. Do hang out in the forums though!

--janak

Old 12-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default Thank you!

Thank you so much for your contributions to PocketPCThoughts! This is the only mobile site I visit on a regular basis. I have truly benefited from your work as well as that of everyone else.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Thanks for your contributions, Paul! You will be missed.

Hope to still see you around the forums.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Thank you for all the hard work you've put in, hope to see you around here as much as possible!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Thanks for all you've contributed Paul, it was great having you on board. Don't be a stranger, please stop by the forums and say hello now and then.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor

Paul, you'll be missed. Good luck and godspeed in everything you do!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 AM
humor
Pupil
Lightbulb Thanks Paul!

Thanks for feeding our mobile technology addiction...before it was cool