Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Zumobi Delivers Xbox 360 and Ski Updates for Windows Mobile

http://my.zumobi.com/partner/xbox

"Feed your need for Xbox 360 info & stories all day long while on the go (or stuck in meetings). You're just a few clicks away from enjoying Xbox 360 news, video & audio clips, community updates, gamer tag status, and more on your iPhone, iPod Touch, Windows Mobile phone or BlackBerry device."

Zumobi and Microsoft have teamed up to deliver what is apparently the only Microsoft-endorsed mobile application for Xbox. The NXE-themed Inside Xbox 360 offers the latest news, trailers, and updates from Xbox.com, the Xbox Live Marketplace, Gamerscore Blog, and Major Nelson, and also a way to tap into your and your friends' gamertags. It's riddled with ads, but if you can look past that, it's a decent application.

If Xbox isn't your thing, but skiing is, check out the new REI Ski and Snow Report.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
mikkelf
Neophyte

Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday with trying to install the REI Snowreport software. I installedit onto my HTC Touch HD (on the MicroSDCArd). This effectivily screwed up all data on the card leaving only corrupted file- and directorynames. The card became unreadable on my phone and on all my PC's and required a hardreset of the phone and a format of the SD Card with thirdparty software on the phone since my PCs couldn't read the card.

So think twice before using the software on your Touch HDs ..... it could be a conflict with something else I had installed but everything points towards the REI software.