Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 12-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Help TheTechLounge Raise Money for Toys for Tots, Win Prizes

http://www.thetechlounge.com/toysfortots.php

"Today we are launching a raffle benefiting the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program. The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of one of our nation's most valuable natural resources - our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future. For every $5 you donate, you will receive one chance to win one of over 80 prizes, including the Grand Prize: a custom-made, hand-painted SmoothCreations PC gaming system, equipped with some of the latest high performance gear on the market. In these tough economic times, we would like to give some sense of hope to those less fortunate. Our communities need us now more than ever, and we can't do it without you. Every bit helps, so please donate whatever you can afford to help us reach our goal of $25,000. As a side benefit, your charitable contributions are a tax write-off! Considering the children, the prizes, and the tax benefits, there's no excuse not to donate, so don't be a Scrooge this Christmas!"

There are many worthy places for you to use your money this season to help others, and if you're reading this Web site I'm willing to bet you can afford to donate at least $5, so I wanted to do my part to raise some awareness of this cause. Adults know that presents are usually just presents, but to a child, presents often mean a tangible example of love - and every child should have some "love under the tree" at Christmas time. Let's help them reach their goal!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 PM
slugbug
Pupil

Quebec excluded Damn I hate our government and it's stupid lottery rules!