Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default Boing Boing Gadgets Creates Mac Netbook Guide

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/...k-compatib.html

"Apple says it's had "pretty interesting ideas" for a Mac netbook, but it's everyday users who've already taken action. Due to their similar technical underpinnings, most of the popular netbooks can run OS X, but there are plenty of caveats: non-functioning components which lack drivers and need to be replaced-or which simply can't be gotten to at all."

I'm glad someone put this together!  Apparently the two nicest Netbooks on the market, the Wind and the Mini 9, run OSX perfectly.  It's good to know because next year I'll be buying another Netbook expressly for this purpose.  Right now, the Wind is in the lead but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Mini 9.  Boing Boing Gadgets has promised to update this chart to complete and correct the data based on reader feedback.

Who needs Apple to announce one at Macworld?