Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Updates Windows Live Services for Mobile

http://mobile.live.com/

"Great news! We are now live with our new and updated Windows Live services for mobile. Go to http://mobile.live.com from your mobile phone's web browser and check it out. There are a lot of new features and services that weren't even available for our beta users. We're really excited about these new mobile experiences! The new and updated mobile web services include Windows Live Home, Photos, Profile, People, and Spaces. These complement our existing mobile services, like Hotmail and Messenger. (An update to Hotmail for mobile web is on its way in the coming months - check this blog for more mobile news as it becomes available). With this release, we are extending even more of Windows Live to mobile devices, but with a mobile twist. To get started, all you need is a phone with a browser and a data plan. Using these services doesn't require a download - all you do is go to the new Windows Live website at http://mobile.live.com."

Microsoft's quest to roll out its new and improved Windows Live applications and services has extended to mobile devices. Windows Live Home, Photos, Profile, People, and Spaces have all been updated. Visit the Windows Live Team Blog for a detailed look, or check it out for yourself.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
cab124
Intellectual

These sites don't appear to render correctly in Opera Mobile 9.5 on the Sprint Touch Pro, but they do render correctly in Pocket IE.

Bummer.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
lmychajluk
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab124 View Post
These sites don't appear to render correctly in Opera Mobile 9.5 on the Sprint Touch Pro, but they do render correctly in Pocket IE.

Bummer.
2nd. At first I thought I was just 'zoomed in' in Opera, but yeah, it's a rendering problem.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

I'm guessing it is a user agent string thing. The site doesn't understand what browser you are in, so gives you the full page, like your desktop would. Then Opera tries to compensate for that full page.