Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Verizon Got $50 More From Early Omnia Adopters!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/01/...-attention-now/

"Samsung's Omnia is nice enough to find a good home in many a professional's pocket, but in terms of overall desirability it doesn't quite compare to the iPhone or G1. Why, then, did Verizon price the thing $50 higher than its alternate-platform competition? Your guess is as good as ours, but at least the company didn't take long to see the error of its ways, dropping the handset under the magic $200 mark just a few days after the early-adopters got done paying too much for theirs."

Verizon just couldn't resist getting the big bucks from early adopters then dropping the price of the Omnia back down to normal levels to be in line with it's major competitors. How do you early adopters on Greedy V feel about that? Or are you just enjoying your new devices?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

I will admit I am a little bit miffed. I first saw the price reduction this morning when I logged in VZW. I am thinking of calling customer service and ask that they credit my account the $50 difference or back it goes and then I will just go into the store on 12/8 and buy it for the reduced price. As for the phone itself I am loving it although my fat fingers are still on the learning curve, but it's getting better. Opera seems a bit slower loading pages than IE though. Overall I would give it a 8 on a scale of 10. Just my opinion.

I do see though that I am going to have to get an extended battery. I found one online that was 2400 vs. the 1400 that came with the phone.

Last edited by ntractv; 12-04-2008 at 12:31 AM..

Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
jbullington
Neophyte
Default *611

I called customer service the day the dropped on the website and got a $50 credit for the omnia also got $50 credit for black Friday sale for my wifes voyager. They were extremely polite, no argument. In fact I was told at some point in another forum that Verizon has a 30 day pricing policy so you can get lower rates during the first 30 days. Awesome phone, with the except that GPS is crippled currently to only work with vznavigator.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 AM
spacehippie2k
Pupil

I'd be surprised if a major retailer didn't allow a price adjustment on a product, especially if it's within the return period (30 days?)

I'm hoping this is the case, since I'm getting ready to switch to Verizon in about a week. I'm pretty sure I'd like to get the Samsung Saga, but I'd like to have the option to try an Omnia for a while to be sure.