Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I wanted to take a second to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving! Even if you do not live in the United States and do not celebrate Thanksgiving, today is as good a day as any to take a step back and reflect on all of the things we are thankful for. Also it is a good day to recharge the old batteries so you can wake up early and brave those horrifying Black Friday lines. As always please remember to be safe out there! Oh and just to shake things up a bit I thought it might be fun if everyone snapped some pictures of their giant turkey buffets with their Windows Mobile devices and posted them up on the forums. I for one have always enjoyed looking at tables full of food

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American readers!

Old 11-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Shan Gee
Neophyte

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! That pumpkin pie I ate today sure tasted good.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:13 AM
paulsg63
Neophyte

Thanks all...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I would have taken a picture and posted it... but alas... I read this way to late for that...

Everyones bellies are full and all is cleaned up!!!

But I thanks God for all that we have and pray you all are blessed also.

Peace!
Paul G
<><

Old 11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Constant Caffeine
Intellectual

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I just wish I could find cranberry sauce here in Norway.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
claudiotereso
Neophyte

I know this will make everyone jump on me, but I think it should be said:

Thanksgiving happens because some native americans helped europeans/"new-americans" survive. It was a bad move from native americans as the europeans/"new-americans" were not so kind to them and didn't deserve to be helped.

Yes, it's a nice date to celebrate with the family, but when you celebrate please take two seconds to think on the native americans and with what they have lost for helping the white people.

Really sorry to bring confusion and stress to this post, but the history is someting that should be remember in a all, and not just the good parts.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:34 AM
claudiotereso
Neophyte

Just looked at the painting!

Really funny, in it the native are being feed instead of feeding. What a big lie!

Old 11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiotereso View Post
Really sorry to bring confusion and stress to this post, but the history is someting that should be remember in a all, and not just the good parts.
You knew you shouldn't have posted that, so you're apologizing for it, but you went ahead and did it anyway. Discussion politics and religion aren't permitted here because all they do is cause fights - it's really unfortunate that these were the first two posts you decided to make to our forums.

Regardless of my personal feelings on this matter, I'll say this much: at some point, you have to stop blaming people for the actions of their ancestors. It's been several hundred years, so maybe it's time to let go?

Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Pie! I took more pictures but I guess I didn't hit the save buttons. Oops
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1227827963083.jpg (34.0 KB, 138 views)

Old 11-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
I'll say this much: at some point, you have to stop blaming people for the actions of their ancestors. It's been several hundred years, so maybe it's time to let go?
I guess it depends by which sides you belong to. The winner? So Yes for sure. The looser? Well ...

Btw there is nothing new here: In the 400 B.C. the Celtic Chief Brenno was cought by the defeated Romans manipulating the scale weighting the gold they agreed to pay to the Barbarians as reparations; Brenno replied "Vae victis" (Woe to the vanquished) and dropped on the scale his sword so to increase the already set quantity of gold the Romans had to pay.