Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default eReader.com 45% Rebate Sale

http://secure.ereader.com/ereader/home.htm

"We've got a wide selection of books, including recent releases from most of the major publishing houses and also hard-to-find titles. You can read the latest selection from a publisher's front list or a classic from the public domain. Lose yourself in a science fiction bestseller, plan your next trip with a travel guide, or hone your presentation skills with a selection from our business titles. We're adding titles every day, so drop by often to see what's new. Shop at your convenience, 24 hours a day, at our web-based store as well as our on device store at mobile.ereader.com. You can browse by genre and search by author and title. You can read excerpts and reviews before making a secure purchase. After purchasing, download your books immediately and be reading within minutes!"

Ok, I admit it, I'm hooked on ebooks now. I love that I can have the latest books at my disposal. I currently have 12 books on my device and room for hundreds more. But now I'm really in trouble because eReader.com is having a 45% off all books rebate sale. So if I buy a bestselling book that's $20.00, I earn a rebate of $9.00 off my next book which works out great since they have a ton of books under $10.00. I'll admit one more thing, I just purchased three books before writing this post, one of them was free and I still have a $3.39 credit in my account. Do any of you read ebooks on your mobile device? For all Windows Mobile users the ereader pro software is free from their site. There's also a Windows, Iphone, and Palm version too. Don't wait too long though, the sale ends November 30th.�*

Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 AM
asims
Intellectual

I'm a big fan of ebooks! Between eReader, MSReader, and Mobipocket, I've got more than 50 ebooks. I also have the Bible Reader from Olive Tree. I take the bus to and from work which gives me about 15 - 20 minutes each way to read! They're great!

Last edited by asims; 11-26-2008 at 03:57 AM..

Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 AM
asims
Intellectual

Hey, Pete, I'm not seeing the 45% off sale when clicking on the link you posted. I'm only seeing a Triple Rewards banner. Where is this 45% off sale?

Old 11-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Pete Paxton

The way their site works is this: When you buy a book you get 15% of the price of that book off your next purchase, so credits if you will. Right now they are offering triple rewards or 45% off the price of a book you purchase and it can be used for your next purchase. For instance if you purchase a book for $20 then you will have a $9.00 credit in your account. I bought a book today for $18 and earned $8.10 toward my next book. Since another book I wanted was $6.99, I got it for free plus added another $3 toward my account for my next purchase. So in a way the 45% doesn't really apply for your first purchase but it will for the following purchase. I use the Laridian Bible but I like Olive Tree as well. Cool.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
asims
Intellectual

Thanks for the explanation.
If your explanation hadn't been clear enough (which it was), the email message I just got today from ereader would have been.
Now to start shopping!

Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Pete Paxton

Have fun Asims. It sounds like a great deal. I ended up buying 7 books yesterday. Most were part of a series so I figured I should get'em while they're on sale.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Tony Rylow
Editor Emeritus

I'm not a fan of ebooks, but I do like audiobooks on my mobile device.