Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM
txa1265
Intellectual
Default Should I update my PDA?

OK, first and foremost I am not interested in a phone of any sort, and also cannot have an integrated camera due to corporate security reasons.

I have been using my HP iPaq 4355 (Gadgeteer review) for nearly 5 years, and it is starting to show some signs of not meeting needs.

Here are some issues: the integrated utilities to join wireless networks are rather 'iffy' and convoluted compared to modern devices, the cradle has more and more connection and power issues with each passing year, it will occasionally switch off at random, as if I had hit the power switch, and finally there seems to be some minor compatibility problems between WM2003 and newer versions of Outlook.

I am pretty certain there aren't any updated versions of this device (i.e. something with integrated mini-keyboard), but I am just wondering if getting a new device like a HP iPaq 211 would make sense, or grabbing a Dell Axim x51v and doing the WM 6.x upgrade would provide a better solution?

I am wondering what - from a real sense rather than the spec sheets I can find - I can expect in terms of advances in the built-in office and internet and network apps and utilities?

Thanks!