Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default AT&T Unveils HTC Fuze

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph..._sku=sku3090226

"Go the next level with the HTC FUZE(TM) now featuring a sleek new touch screen design. The multi-faceted HTC FUZE(TM) is a 3G tri-band HSDPA Windows Mobile® smartphone brought to you by AT&T, allowing you access to the world and a host of world class features. This powerful smartphone fuses technology with style. The large VGA touch screen includes HTC's one touch TouchFlo(TM) 3D user interface for quick access to your favorite features. Keep connected with email, text and instant messaging, Internet access, a personal organizer, video, satellite radio, and more - all at broadband speeds. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, GPS navigation, add to the rich feature set making the HTC FUZE(TM) the ultimate mobile smartphone."

There'll be plenty of Touch Pros sitting under the tree this holiday season. To match Sprint's offering, AT&T is now selling the HTC Fuze for $299.99 after rebate on a two-year contract. Oh, and incidentally, if you think it's a little quiet on the VZW front, that's because it is.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
paschott
Intellectual

Now just waiting on the upgrade price to come through - I'm more than due by now, but it doesn't show as an option yet. I can start new service with it. I was really hoping to avoid the store for it.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Farmer Ted
Pupil

Brother, another one I guess I have to consider. Is this basically just the HTC Touch Pro?

Edit: Answered my own question. Indeed, they are one and the same.

Last edited by Farmer Ted; 11-11-2008 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM
kerrins
Ponderer

I guess I just don't see enough difference between this and a Tilt to justify $300.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Beware that AT&T rebate: It always comes as a Visa gift card, not as a check. You can't get cash from it, you can only buy stuff with it. The cards max out at $100, so if you're getting a $200 'rebate', you'll be getting two gift cards...

And good luck getting that last $1.75 off it...

Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrins View Post
I guess I just don't see enough difference between this and a Tilt to justify $300.
Really? Can you name anything they have in common? lol. I mean I am exaggerating but seriously. It is quite an upgrade. Whether its worth the $ is certainly up to the purchaser but to say it is just like the tilt is just not accurate.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Reid Kistler
Philosopher

Last price observed on the Tilt was $199.

If Fuze is at $299, question becomes is there enough difference to warrant an extra $100??

Then there is the (almost) new Epix, which also sits around the $199 mark & has had wonderful reviews. How much is the higher resolution screen worth? Or the trade-off of the extra bulk & weight of the Fuze's keyboard vs whatever benefit that provides?

Because of form factor - and, obviously IMHO - Fuze seems more of a PDA that can also do Phone Calls, while Epix seems more of a Phone that can also provide PDA functions....

Advantages & Disadvantages either way.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
possmann
Oracle
Send a message via MSN to possmann Send a message via Skype™ to possmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey View Post
Oh, and incidentally, if you think it's a little quiet on the VZW front, that's because it is.
AUGH - where is that puke icon when you need it.... Enough with Verizon! Only 7 months left then I am off to GSM (read in ATT) land where I CAN have selection - woohoo

BTW - nice review

Old 11-12-2008, 04:03 AM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by possmann View Post
AUGH - where is that puke icon when you need it.... Enough with Verizon! Only 7 months left then I am off to GSM (read in ATT) land where I CAN have selection - woohoo

BTW - nice review
My mogul drove me crazy. I ate the ETF.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Joko
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by possmann View Post

BTW - nice review
I am not a big fan of Verizon but they are coming out with the new Blackberry Storm pda later this month supposedly.

I am not really a blackberry fan either but the design on the storm is sweet and not to mention multi touch if i remember correctly.