Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Laptops

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default New MacBooks Not "Clicking" With Owners?

http://arstechnica.com/journals/app...trackpad-issues

"Apple is reportedly looking into issues regarding its no-buttoned glass trackpad on its new MacBooks and MacBook Pros. According to a blog post by an Apple fan, he had sent an e-mail to Steve Jobs over issues he was having with the new hardware. He then received a call from an Apple representative shortly after sending the message, who said that Apple was currently "looking into the complaints, but has no immediate resolution."

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my review of the new MacBook Pro, and honestly I haven't bumped into this precise issue.  I have had my share of fidgitiness (is that even a word?) with the tracking, but the clicking seems to be working fine.  The good news, of course, is that Apple seems to have gotten enough complaints that they're actually looking into it.  I'm wondering though; if you've already gotten yours, are you having issues with the trackpad clicking or any other issues with the new glass trackpad?  I'm interested to know how widespread this actually is.