Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default LiveMesh Mobile Client Now Available... and Fixed!

http://blogs.msdn.com/livemesh/arch...bile-fixed.aspx

"Thank you for using the Live Mesh for Mobile client! For users who saw a failure to add their mobile phone to their mesh, we have deployed an updated build of Live Mesh for Mobile. You will need to download the Mobile Installer from http://m.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab again.  Once you have the new installer on your phone, run it and the installed client will be upgraded to the new version. The new Mobile Live Mesh Client is version number 0.9.3424.6 (check this through Menu -> About). Now you can start Live Mesh, sign in, and you should be good to go."

I was hoping to be able to try this out for you guys and take some screenshots, but it looks like my water damaged Samsung Blackjack just does not want to cooperate and since I am not in my office, I don't have access to my Windows Mobile emulators. If you try out LiveMesh please make sure to let us know how you like it!

UPDATE: If you are unable to add your mobile device to LiveMesh, please follow the instructions located here.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
tnels!
Banned

Starting dinking with Live Mesh once I saw this post. Everything works great, but it looks like it is a 'closed beta' for Windows Mobile devices?? After installing the software on my PPC and trying to log in, I get an error saying, " LIve Mesh for Windows Mobile Clinet is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh." I guess I live on the wrong side of the tracks. ;-(

Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

This looks really, really interesting (ota file sync!) but it's only open to US and UK residents atm.

Edit: It appears that it's only open to a limited number of US and UK residents.

Last edited by ctmagnus; 11-02-2008 at 10:22 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
volwrath
Ponderer

I am in the US and on Sprint, but I get the same error message about a limited number of users

Old 11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
griffin911
Pupil

I'm in the same boat as tnels. I downloaded the .cab and it installed. but it says only a limited # of users get to use it! I' was a very early beta user of the desktop client and it seems odd that I can't use the mobile version.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

OK, for those of you getting the "limited number of users message," you need to follow the instructions - even though they seem rather arcane. (NOTE: I use an XV6800 from Verizon and was certain that I was probably excluded because Verizon wouldn't let their devices participate, but I found out I just wasn't following instructions very well!)

Load the software on your mobile device. Log in as requested and let it run to the point you get the error. Then on your PC, go to the Live Mesh site, and click on the "Add Devices" tab, click on "Mobile Device."

Once that is done re-launch your Live Mesh client on your PDA and guess what? You are then allowed to log in and see your mesh. I've synchronized at least twice now - no problems and it works as I wished it would!

While I don't understand why that step of logging on to the mesh from your PC is so important, but it is, and once you get that done you are golden. Now I just need to spend a little time figuring out my synch strategy.

Last edited by Bob Anderson; 11-02-2008 at 11:52 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
volwrath
Ponderer

Thanks for your help, but using your 'arcane' method doesnt work When I go to Add Device on the PC, it says coming soon for mobile

Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

It works great, I had it set to sync on file changes, but then it ignored changes on the desktops, so I have it set to sync every 30 min now.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 AM
griffin911
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Thanks for your help, but using your 'arcane' method doesnt work When I go to Add Device on the PC, it says coming soon for mobile
Same for me as well.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
humayunl
Intellectual

I have a different problem. I downloaded and installed the live mesh mobile client on my Blackjack II.

When i sign in, after trying to sign in and register the device, i get the error "Setpu Failed - This mobile phone was not added to your mesh".

If I go to the Mesh website on my pc and click on the Add Devices button, the only options I see in the dropdown are Vista32/XP or Vista 64 bit. There is nowhere I can select to add "mobile device".

So what am i doing wrong?