Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default SMS Reports Eraser 2.0

http://www.jgui.net/smsreportseraser/

"This is a simple small program, that can organize, so called delivery reports, automatically, after a selected time. If you use the SMS message option: Request delivery notification, it gives you a special SMS report message when your sent message was delivered and you probably quickly notice, you have to delete all these reports manually. It will soon become quite tedious, if you send many messages daily."

So if you're tired of erasing all those SMS deliveries, you want SMS Reports Eraser. It is now in version 2.0 and you can use it for free for seven days. After that it's $14.99 or so from various payment options on their website. It ain't cheap but if it saves you a bundle of time then I guess it's worth it. 

Old 10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Expensive, But How Useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Paxton View Post
After that it's $14.99 or so from various payment options on their website. It ain't cheap but if it saves you a bundle of time then I guess it's worth it.
Wow, that's expensive for what their own Web site calls "a simple small program".

Personally, I just have the notification feature turned off, so it's not the "must-have program for all Windows Mobile devices" that they claim. Even if you have the option on, how hard is it to delete the text message when it comes in? You're probably going to check your texts when you get the notification anyway, so you could do it then.

If you really need to keep them for a while (maybe for auditing purposes), I think a text archiver like Jeyo Mobile Companion would be a better solution.

Steve