Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Events

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket PC Thoughts Birthday Giveaway: MWg Zinc II

Continuing our 8th anniversary celebration (this is the second-last-contest), I have an MWg Zinc II to give away. This is a unit that I reviewed and was allowed to keep, so I'm passing it along to one lucky winner. The Zinc II is a GSM-based Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 smartphone. It has a 500 mhz Samsung CPU, 64 MB of RAM, a 2.8 inch 320 x 240 resolution touch screen, GPS, and a slide-out keyboard. It's a quad-band GSM (850/ 900/1800/1900 Mhz) and tri-band HSDPA 3G phone (850/1900/2100 Mhz) that will give you 3G in both North America and Europe/Asia/elsewhere. The MSRP on this is $429 USD.

Want to win it? Here's how: post a message telling me the name of one of your all-time favourite songs. But here's the catch: every post has to be by someone who has an avatar on their profile. No avatar, no valid entry. Why? Ever since we switched our forums to vBulletin, there's a sad lack of avatars in profiles, and I miss seeing them. What's an avatar? The small graphic you see in forum threads below the posting name. Mine is an image of Iron Man for instance.

Where do you find avatars? You can look here, here, or here for avatars, then save it to your computer, or you can make your own from an image you have. Avatars can be up to 100 x 100 pixels, non-animated, in GIF or JPEG format, and 64 KB or under in size. How do you upload the image? Go to your user control panel, then click on Edit Profile Picture. Select option two, which is to upload the image from your computer. And that's it!

One message per person please. I'll randomly select one post at 3 PM mountain time on Tuesday the 4th of November. If you don't see your post right away, please wait 24 hours before looking for your post. Odds are that it's your first post since we moved to vBulletin and it's simply held in moderation.

UPDATE: Evidently vBulletin has the worst avatar uploading system ever designed. If you upload your avatar and it doesn't appear, wait a few minutes and try to re-upload it. I've gone into the first 40 posts and fixed the missing avatars that I saw, but I can't do it for all of them. Fear not, however - if I select the winning post and it doesn't have an avatar, I'll check the profile to verify whether or not there was an attempt to add an avatar.