Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default WMExperts Reviews the Samsung Epix

http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sm...dson_low_d.html

"Over the past few weeks, we've played the name game with this new Samsung phone. Now that the curtain has risen to reveal the true identity of the i907 Epix, we shared themanual and reported on the AT&T availability. While a lot has been written on the specifications and features of this new Windows Mobile device, it's time to offer some hands on observations. How fat is the Epix? Is it a door stop or a well balanced, comfortable to use Windows Mobile device? Is the battery life any good? Any lag time? How does it measure up to the latest kid on the block, the Treo Pro? What the heck is haptic feedback? You'll find observations and answers to these and more..."

This is one of the first reviews of the Samsung Epix that I've read, and it's worth a read if you're considering this new phone from Samsung. The reviewer compares it to the Treo Pro, since both share a similar front-facing QWERTY keyboard design, and it matches up quite favourably to the Treo Pro in a number of ways. I concur with the reviewer in his disdain for the glossy, fingerprint-magnet design. Give me a faux metal matte finish, or a rubberized matte finish, any day of the week. I loathe shiny shells, but it seems like every device that comes out lately has a shiny shell. What's your take on the shiny vs. matte issue?

UPDATE: Our friends over at Mobile Tech Review have also written up their impressions of the Samsung Epix, so be sure to check it out for another opinion.