Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Touch HD Exclusive to Orange UK

http://pressoffice.orange.co.uk/Con...63&NewsAreaID=2

"Orange today announced that the HTC Touch HD handset will be available in the UK from early November, exclusively on the Orange network. The Touch HD is a premium multimedia enhanced mobile handset, designed with a focus on entertainment that is set transform how people experience multimedia on the move. Its extensive 3.8 inch, high resolution, widescreen WVGA touchscreen offers users stunning clarity and vibrant colours, providing an unrivalled experience when watching movies or using Orange’s mobile TV service, browsing the internet on Orange’s high speed data network (3G+) or even scanning through photos taken with its 5 megapixel auto focus camera. The Touch HD also renders websites quickly and in full-page width, providing a browsing experience closer to that using fixed line broadband and allowing users to navigate more easily. What’s more, the stylish new device features HTC’s beautiful TouchFLO 3D user interface to provide quick and intuitive access to the people, messages and content that are most important, and a standard 3.5mm headphone jack has been incorporated, allowing customers to use high-performance headphones with the device for the best possible sound quality."

Exclusivity sucks, but at least it's better than nothing. To our UK readers, if you're in the market for a new device and like what you see in the Touch HD, then starting early November, you'll be able to pick it up with Orange from £79.99 (~ $126 USD) on a £40 (~ $63 USD) per month plan for 18 months. The plan includes a monthly quota of 250MB, which should be enough for light e-mail access and the odd browse.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
azhiker
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to azhiker
Default Awesome but not for USA

So glad to see this phone getting into service. But so sad to see it will not be available in the USA. Perhaps a 3g version is being readied for ATT? Or maybe an Android version for carriers other than T-Mobile? Sure wish I knew - so I could hold out for it or just give up and buy something else.

What I like is the form factor, larger screen means touch is more manageable then on a 2.8 inch microscreen. With my large hand the smaller screen just are too small, so this phone seems a great step toward larger but still small-enought-to-ft-in-a-pocket phone.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Constant Caffeine
Intellectual

It looks like a nice phone, but I will only buy a phone without a contract. Eighteen months at that price is a bit steep.

Not to mention there will be other charges and fees they do not tell you about.