Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Mobilitysite Covers the Samsung Epix

http://mobilitysite.com/2008/10/att...video-1st-look/

There's lots of news on the Epix popping up - Mobilitysite has a couple of things worth checking out if you're looking for first-hand info on this device.

Above is Chris Leckness' unboxing video, and in his usual style he goes into a lot of detail. There's also a series of unboxing photos if you're curious about how big this device is.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Reid Kistler
Philosopher

Interesting, fun review - and boy, that must really be one Freakin' Large Battery!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 AM
ADBrown
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkistler View Post
Interesting, fun review - and boy, that must really be one Freakin' Large Battery!
It's 1800 mAh.

I just got mine today. It's not too bad in size, actually. Same footprint as my Blackjack II, only slightly thicker. (About the same as the BJ2's camera hump all the way through.) I better find a way to turn off the haptics, though. They're annoying.

It's also fast--I managed to clock 214 Kbits in an off-peak test on EDGE. My Blackjack II only did 133 in the same location with the same SIM card.

The optical mouse works better in this device design than it did in the Omnia, but I wish there were an easy way to switch back and forth from mouse to 5-way nav. Better yet, I wish that there were a 4-way directional pad surrounding the optical clicker. That would really be the best of all worlds.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Snowmation
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown View Post
It's 1800 mAh.

I just got mine today. It's not too bad in size, actually. Same footprint as my Blackjack II, only slightly thicker. (About the same as the BJ2's camera hump all the way through.) I better find a way to turn off the haptics, though. They're annoying.

It's also fast--I managed to clock 214 Kbits in an off-peak test on EDGE. My Blackjack II only did 133 in the same location with the same SIM card.

The optical mouse works better in this device design than it did in the Omnia, but I wish there were an easy way to switch back and forth from mouse to 5-way nav. Better yet, I wish that there were a 4-way directional pad surrounding the optical clicker. That would really be the best of all worlds.
Don't know if you've seen this, but Chris posted a link about turning off the optical mouse and going to a 4 way D-Pad. http://mobilitysite.com/2008/10/turn...-the-att-epix/

Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
ADBrown
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmation View Post
Don't know if you've seen this, but Chris posted a link about turning off the optical mouse and going to a 4 way D-Pad. http://mobilitysite.com/2008/10/turn...-the-att-epix/
Yeah, that's the standard method. Unfortunately to get to it, you have to go through the Start > Settings > System > Finger Mouse routine. It would be nice if they had included a quick, say two-click way to switch back and forth that you can do without leaving an application.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
TopDog
Sage
Send a message via Skype™ to TopDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown View Post
It would be nice if they had included a quick, say two-click way to switch back and forth that you can do without leaving an application.
Head on over to Modaco and download a small tool that only toggle Finger Mouse Mode between 4-way and Mouse.