Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default Didiom Partners with CDBaby; Offers Wireless Access to Itunes Library

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/...rweb1427404.htm

"Didiom, an award-winning mobile media service provider, announced today a license agreement with CD Baby, the world's largest online retailer of independent music. Didiom and CD Baby joined forces to allow music fans to sample, buy, and download music from CD Baby artists through Didiom's newly redesigned mobile music service. Under the agreement, CD Baby will provide 2 million DRM-free full-track music downloads on Didiom's downloadable music marketplace. Currently available on over two hundred mobile devices, including BlackBerry® and Windows Mobile® phones, Didiom provides music fans access to DRM-free songs and albums from a variety of music partners..."

Though we reported on Didiom about a year and a half ago, the service has undergone significant changes since then.  One of the first additions is a larger music partner. Fans of CDBaby can now search, try, and buy music from their mobile device.  However, perhaps one of the largest breakthroughs is the ability to stream music from your computer onto your phone, no matter where you are.  It does require iTunes and the free mobile and desktop beta applications from Didiom. For a fuller picture, check out the video demo.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
wirelegg
Neophyte

just downloaded it to my htc touch. the new version is much much better than what didiom released last year. i love the new interface and the free streaming service. i actually use windows media player on my pc, so it works not only with itunes.

2 thumbs up!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
4gfone
Neophyte

Awesome! Did anyone try to bid? i'm curious how fast they respond.