Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default When Was The Last Time You Checked Out ListPro's List Exchange?

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/lp_lists.php

I am sure more than a few of you have ListPro installed on your device, and some of you for many years, and you are probably aware of the ListPro Exchange but may have forgotten about it over the years. You should go back and check out some of the lists available, or sign up for the RSS feed to get updated info on the latest lists.

There are a ton of travel oriented lists, like the Hong Kong bus guide, which has close to 1,000 items. One list that I have is my travel checklist so I don't forget to carry all of my necessary chargers, cables, toiletries, etc. I've added a new item - check the List Exchange to see if there is a list specific to the area I am going to. If you have your own list that you think would be of use to others, or if you find some outdated info on a list and update it, send it back to Ilium to be added to the List Exchange.

To keep my device from filling up with so list files, I created one list file called "Informational Lists" and I cut from the lists I've downloaded and paste into this one file. You can do this on the desktop or on the device. The desktop client will also allow you to import multiple lists from a file through the Tools|Import Lists feature.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 AM
alese
Philosopher

I check the exchange here and there - you can get useful information or at least ideas for some lists (GTD?) there.
But... lately I'm getting more and more frustrated with my List Pro missing an over the air sync feature. I would really like to have an Exchange sync like feature in ListPro (and E-Wallet too) that would make it possible to edit/change my lists on different devices.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alese View Post
But... lately I'm getting more and more frustrated with my List Pro missing an over the air sync feature.
Indeed, this seems like a no-brainer feature to add...it's so logical as the next step. I wonder why no one has done this yet?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Indeed, this seems like a no-brainer feature to add...it's so logical as the next step. I wonder why no one has done this yet?
It is apparently very difficult.
  • Evernote did it for a little while in a 2.x beta on the Pocket PC, but totally abandoned it in 3.x, and now it is all web based for Windows MObile, which is next to useless.
  • eWallet cannot sync over the air.
  • ListPro cannot sync over the air. In fact, ListPro cannot even sync record level. It is al file level.
  • PocketBible cannot sync over the air.
Many of those apps (and others) have very robust sync tools to sync individual records off of the device, but to my knowledge, none do it over the air to a cloud. As I said, Evernote was headed that direction and it was pretty cool, but they dropped it for some reason, and their boards are totally silent about it.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
alese
Philosopher

It really looks like it's an "impossible" feature.
It's a pitty though, as all this applications would be much more usefull with over the air sync.
I actually had high hopes for evernote, but the WM version is quite useless - no editing of notes, so now I'm looking for a web task list that would work well on both WM device and desktop, but I would still prefer ListPro with sync...