Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Laridian PocketBible Content Roundup

Laridian has released a number of new books for their PocketBible program in the last month or so.

New Living Translation Bible Study Notes

Here is a quick rundown:

Be sure to check the system requirements for each of these before buying. I believe they will all work with the most recent releases of PocketBible 3 and PocketBible 4, but confirm that on the product page if you have a Smartphone (non-touch screen device) or PocketBible 3 on the Pocket PC. I know they all work with PocketBible 4 for Windows Mobile. If you haven't upgraded to PB4 for Windows Mobile yet, you should. You can read a review of PB4, released earlier in 2008, here. If you are just getting started with PocketBible on your mobile device, consider some of the bundles available at the top of this page, which will give you substantial discounts on a lot of content.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

32MB . I normally don't look since I just install it to my 2 GB CF card, so the size is not a problem. The REAL problem is that my wallet is not large enough to purchase all of their resources.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM
flooder
Ponderer

Wow I didn't realize the NLT Study notes was that big. I blew it off cause I am not a huge fan of the NLT but I think I might have to grab it now.

Any idea why the Mark book of the IVP NT series has not been made available? I keep forgetting to send a Craig a note and ask.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:49 PM
crairdin
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by flooder View Post
Any idea why the Mark book of the IVP NT series has not been made available? I keep forgetting to send a Craig a note and ask.
We publishing new commentaries in the series as they are made available to us by the publisher. Sometimes we get the electronic text before the print version is released (i.e. the New Living Translation Study Bible Notes) and sometimes it's long after. Sometimes we get the text but it's in a weird format that's unsuitable for processing. Sometimes we get it when we're in the middle of other projects.

In general, we're releasing new volumes as we get them. Various things can cause delays.

I'll see if I can get Jim VanDuzer to maybe blog on this subject. Watch for him at http://blog.laridian.com.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Appreciate the update from Craig. Since I know they don't talk about what's not yet released, I keep wondering if the forthcoming ESV Study Bible will also be available from Laridian. I really hope so!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Martin View Post
Appreciate the update from Craig. Since I know they don't talk about what's not yet released, I keep wondering if the forthcoming ESV Study Bible will also be available from Laridian. I really hope so!
I am personally hoping for the Apologetic Study Bible Notes. It would be a pretty small book, but well worth it IMHO. They have sample notes there to look at.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
I am personally hoping for the Apologetic Study Bible Notes. It would be a pretty small book, but well worth it IMHO. They have sample notes there to look at.
At first, I thought...hmmm, not really something I'd be interested in. However, after looking at the site, it does seem to have a lot of great resources. I thought it might be just focused on Dembski-type subjects, which tend to be over my head.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
dopoognora
Neophyte
Default laridian.. laridian..

I have purchased a ton of content from laridian as a Palm user, then as a Windows Mobile user. Now that I have migrated to a converged 3G iPhone, I'm highly disappointed in laridian's slowness to adapt to the iPhone platform. Yes, they do have the web access for iPhone, however as we all know, web access is never guaranteed and non-existent on flights. This once, great giant is losing out marketshare on the iPhone platform to Olive tree and Mantis. Oh well.. enough about this.. I'm disappointed in a company I never thought would disappoint.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopoognora View Post
Now that I have migrated to a converged 3G iPhone, I'm highly disappointed in laridian's slowness to adapt to the iPhone platform. Yes, they do have the web access for iPhone, however as we all know, web access is never guaranteed and non-existent on flights.
If you go to the Laridian blog, you'll see they are working on a standalone app. You can sign up there for updates.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
baker
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
Here's another vote for the Apologetic Study Bible Notes.